ALLDATA Privacy Notice
You are receiving this notice pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This notice is intended to provide a summary of ALLDATA’s obligations pursuant to the GDPR, as well as provide certain information pertaining to your rights as set forth within the Regulation.
How your information will be used
1. ALLDATA Europe GmbH, ALLDATA Germany Sales GmbH, or ALLDATA UK Sales Ltd., (hereinafter “ALLDATA” or “the Company”) may process certain personal data about you or your company or organization in order to provide services to you pursuant to the terms of a contractual agreement. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
2. As a company providing vehicle manufacturers’ diagnostic, maintenance and repair information for professional repair shops, and maintaining professional relationships with different business entities and individuals to provide these services, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, for administrative purposes, or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are outweighed by your own interests.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal or external sources.
4. While we do not currently maintain this data, in the event we may have a legitimate business need to process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency.
5. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
6. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
8. Your personal data will be stored for a period no longer than the length of our services agreement with you and any additional period as required for legal purposes to meet all applicable record retention laws and requirements. After expiration of applicable time limits, any personal data that has been stored will be deleted.
9. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
10. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have several rights regarding your personal data. These rights include the following:
Right to information of the data subject (Art. 15 GDPR)
You have the right to request information as to whether and to what extent we process your personal data (e.g. the processing purpose, recipient of the data, duration of storage, etc.).
Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
You have the right to ask for the correction of your data stored by us, if this is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to cancellation (Art. 17 GDPR)
You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data from us if e.g., the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, or the data should be erased due to legal obligations. However, this right may be excluded, e.g., if there are legal data retention requirements or if ALLDATA requires the personal data to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. This is possible, for example, if we incorrectly record your data or if the data processing is unlawful.
Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
You have the right to portability of your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format to you or to any person you designate if you provided such information yourself.
11. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
12. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR regarding your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and point of contact for inquiries
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you may contact our Data Privacy Team at: email@example.com
Or in writing at the following address:
ALLDATA Europe GmbH
Attention: Kevin Culmo
You may also submit a request through a designated data portal on the ALLDATA Europe website.