Vehicle: 2017 Ford F350, 4WD, Super Duty, V8-6.2L, Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
Problem: The driver of this snowplow Ford F350 complained that multiple warning lamps were on, such as the brake light, ABS and malfunction indicator light (MIL).
Case Details: The tech scanned for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and found the following codes:
- U0100:00 - Lost Communication with Engine Control Module (ECM)
- U0140:00 - Lost Communication with Body Control Module (BCM)
- U0151:00 - Lost Communication with Restraints Control Module (RCM)
- U0155:00 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- U0402:68 - Invalid Data Received from Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- U3013:16 - Body Control Module (BCM) Input Power "C" Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
After looking at a wiring diagram, he inspected for harness damage in the driver's kick panel area since both HS2-CAN circuits (VDB25, VDB26) were affected. He found broken wires in the harness.
Confirmed Repair: The technician repaired the wiring and cleared the DTCs. He verified that all warning lamps were off and went for a test drive. No DTCs returned. Fixed!
The ALLDATA Tech-Assist team fields cases like this every day. See how Tech-Assist can help your shop save time and money with on-call diagnostic support from ASE-certified Master Technicians. More Tech Tips
Not an ALLDATA customer? For access to this valuable experience-based repair data and reliable OEM information, start a free trial today.
If you would like to read more articles like this one please subscribe to ALLDATA News.