Vehicle: 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, 4WD, V8-5.3L, Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
Problem: The owner of this Silverado had an intermittent stalling concern; primarily with their travel trailer connected.
Case Details: The technician connected a scan tool and found the following diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
- P0562 - System Voltage Low
- C111B - Trailer Brake Power Control Module System Voltage
- B1035 - Audio Output 2 Circuit
- B1045 - Left Rear Audio Output Circuit
- B1055 - Right Rear Audio Output Circuit
- B1325 - Device Power Circuit Voltage
- U0101 - Lost Communication with Transmission Control Module
- U0102 - Lost Communication with Transfer Case Control Module
- U0121 - Lost Communication with Electronic Brake Control Module
He cleared all the DTCs and test drove the truck with the trailer connected to see if the DTCs would return. The truck stalled once, and all the DTCs except U0121 returned.
The tech used his scan tool along with the trailer brake control module scan tool information data list in ALLDATA to evaluate the Brake Control Module (TBCM). The testing showed that the TBCM was faulty.
Confirmed Repair: The technician replaced the TBCM and went for another test drive. This time, he drove it a little longer. The truck ran fine, no stalling. Fixed!
The ALLDATA Tech-Assist team fields cases like this every day. See how Tech-Assist can help your shop save time and money with on-call diagnostic support from ASE-certified Master Technicians. More Tech Tips
Not an ALLDATA customer? For access to this valuable experience-based repair data and reliable OEM information, start a free trial today.
If you would like to read more articles like this one please subscribe to ALLDATA News.